scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'm Versatile...I'm Versatile!...

Hello,  Happy Sunday and Welcome to the Farm! This is a little different blog today because I have this fabby little button that you see entitled "The Versatile Blogger."  And I totally wanted to share it with you!

What is it for and why do I have it?  Well, it's like this: Stacey at Real Southern Living nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award.  Yippee!  I'm excited beyond words that she thinks my blog is cool and that I've got some fun projects. THANK YOU SO MUCH STACEY!!!!  Please, take a few minutes to check out her awesome blog.  I can't tell you how many times I've been inspired by something of hers I've seen (we will NOT be discussing the "Toodie has stolen some of these ideas" aspect of this inspiration).

In order to properly accept this award, there are a few things I'm supposed to tell you about myself...Seven things, to be exact.  Hmmm.  I have to say that's a hard one because I'm actually pretty boring (can you spell B.O.R.I.N.G.?) in real life.  I just make everything exciting up.  What to do; what to do?  Ok, digging from the deepest, darkest areas of my brain - AHHH SCARRYYYYYYYY! - I will try to come up with something that not everyone knows.  Here goes:

1.  I love to sew and actually have a little tiny home business that I started last June called "Lil Miss Addie" that I named after my little granddaughter, Addisyn.  Yep, that cute little Addisyn who is sitting on the right hand side of the page up there. Hi Addie! 

2. I met my hubby (aka Mr. Scrappin) on Match.com.  Now, you may think that's not all that uncommon these days and you're right, BUT...it's probably not all that common to win money doing it. hahahhaa  A certain friend, who shall remain nameless (LINDA) signed me up for a one-month subscription AND said she'd pay me $50 if I responded to just three hellos.  Fast forward almost five years and the rest is history.  :)  BEST $50 I EVER MADE!  And, just FYI, Mr. Scrappin was the third hello.  

3.  I was in the roller derby.  Yes, I really was.  Never got hurt doing the derby, but got hurt twice doing family skate night at the roller rink.  Go figure.  The second injury ended my skating.  I still have my stuff, though; can't bear to get rid of it. 

4.   I am a fan of all types of music, with the exception of rap and soprano opera, and my stash goes all the way back to records.  You know, those round, black things that had tons of white noise?  And while I completely prefer music to television, you DO NOT want to come in if you hear Kid Rock playing.  Why, you ask? Because I only listen to him when I'm extremely angry and need to expend some of that mad energy.  LOL  True story.  

5.  Both of my brothers are over 6 foot; my sister is almost 6 foot and I am...NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.  I am 5'2" HOW did this happen?  Inquiring minds want to know! FYI, I USED to be 5'3", but apparently the height committee decided I wasn't worthy anymore.  Pooh.

6.  I do not know how to swim.  No, I really don't.  I'm afraid of the water and it's like moving a mountain to even get me close to it.  I will admit though, that it's very pretty to look at from a distance.

7.  My dream is to visit Ireland some day.  It just looks so beautiful and, since my maiden name was Irish, it just seems fitting.  :)  Oh yeah, Ireland, for more than just a couple of days.

Now that you know a little something about me, you will all need to raise your right hand and repeat after me:  I WILL NOT MAKE FUN OF TOODIE TICKING OFF THE HEIGHT COMMITTEE OR BEING AFRAID OF WATER LIKE A LITTLE BABY.

Since I've been so lucky to be nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award, I would like to pass that nomination on to some of MY favorite blogs that I feel are pretty versatile.  As well as fun, charming, quirky...you name it.  A versatile blog to me is one that makes me laugh, keeps me interested and makes me want to steal, er, um, borrow...hmmm...let's just say "adapt" those awesome ideas shown.  So, without further ado, here are some of my favorite blogs (and their owners) that I hope you will take the time to visit.  Each one has some great ideas, recipes and crafty or repurposed items that you will absolutely love!


Once you visit these blogs, you will not be able to resist going back.  I promise.  I really, really promise!  I will be sending mail to these bloggers to let them know they've been nominated by me (YAY for nominations!) and I hope they will accept the award when they see it.  :)

In order for me (and the bloggers that I've nominated) to accept the award, these are the rules to follow:

1.  Grab the Versatile Blogger button from above.
2.  Thank the person who gave you the nomination.
3.  Include a link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
4.  Share seven things about yourself.
5.  Nominate 15 of your favorite blogs ~ gotta pass that love on ~ it's well deserved!
6.  Inform each nominee by leaving a comment on their blog.
7.  Include this set of rules in your post so YOUR favorite award winners will know what to do.

Once again, I'd like to thank Stacey at Real Southern Living for giving me this award. Thank you Stacey for liking my blog!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Toodie...I love the story of how you met your hubby...too cute :) I'm so glad you like my blog...and honored for the mention! Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurel. It was interesting, to say the least. LOL Yours is one of my very favorite blogs so I'm always happy to see what you've come up with~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for including me. :) I LOVE the story of you and your husband. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I HAD to include you Amanda! You make me laugh and I love your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just started following today after reading Sew Many Ways Find a Friend Friday. I'll be back.. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, thanks so much! I'm glad you'll be coming back! :D

    ReplyDelete