scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Sunday, March 11, 2012

I Just "Card" to Say I Love You...

Hello, Happy Sunday and Welcome to the Farm!  I truly hope you are having better weather than I at this moment.  It is POURING rain outside and I now have a moat around the entire property.  Well, isn't this fun. Um, no.  What IS fun, however, is being home sick on a weekend.  Um, no, that's not fun either.  Ok, I give up. So far, the only fun thing about this weekend has been that I can wear my jammies all day without feeling guilty.  And when you don't feel well, it really isn't all that much fun.  Not like when you DO feel well and you're just being a rebel...or lazy...or because you just feel like it.  Oh heck, I'm just rambling.  Well, THERE'S something new!  LOL  I must be feverish...yeah, that's it...I'm feverish!

Today's project was actually supposed to be my Valentine's Day post project but, as we all know, it didn't quite turn out that way.  Ah well, better late than never!  And I figure that since I'm home not feeling well, the sharing of this project is appropriate, since poor hubby is trying his best to keep me cheered up.  This is, after all, a book of appreciation for him! Ok, ok, those of you who know me in person, DO NOT for a minute think that I'm turning all sappy.  Cuz, uh, NO!  It's just that I'm having a weak moment due to my feverishness.  I'm pretty sure that happens to us all at some time or another.  Once my fever is contained, I'm sure things will be back to normal and just fine.  WHADDYA MEAN, "YOU HOPE NOT?"  

I actually found this idea at PaperVine through Pinterest (I know, you are so SHOCKED!) and passed it up a few times.  For some reason though, it kept nagging at me so I went back to find it.  It just seemed to appeal to me.  Such a simple, yet very cool and different idea.  I began to really love it and decided that Mr. Scrappin needed one of these little books. He's always doing such nice things for me (note:  I will DENY any semblance of being nice should that statement be made public) and I thought this might be a great way to let him know how much he's loved and appreciated.  Oh, I'm feeling a little nauseous here so I'm going to have to stop with being nice.  It's too much for my system to take in.  It's also something that he can keep and look at whenever he pleases.  Since Valentine's Day was coming (well, it WAS then!) I decided that would be the perfect time to shoot for.

Did I mention it took me F-O-R-E-V-E-R? Now, before you let that discourage you, let me just say that it was in no way the project's fault.  The planning and actual doing of the project was really not all that time consuming. The waiting for hubby to stop coming in and interrupting my working on it took a few weeks.  Just when I thought he was settled in and comfy watching his favorite show or something, here he'd come and I would have to scurry and throw everything somewhere else.  In a bag; under the keyboard; in a drawer; behind my shoes...for crying out loud, I was getting very frustrated!  I can be in here for days on end and he'll never come in, but the one time I want to work on something for him and NOOOOO, he has to keep on walking right in here!  What the heck is that all about? So, guess when I actually got to finish this?  On Valentine's Day!  At work on my lunch hour!  Hoping I remembered to snatch up and  bring everything with me...which, of course, I did not!  I had left all the gears and embellies at home!

Anyhoo, before I totally digress and become an infant again (as opposed to just acting infantile when I don't get my way), let me just say how fun, easy and quick this project really can be.  Honestly, if it weren't for the constant interruption by SOMEONE who shall remain nameless - Mr. Scrappin - it really isn't even all that time consuming.  I would say the most time consuming thing is coming up with your direction.  I started out trying to be really serious, but decided that just wasn't going to cut it.  Ours is a goofball, fun, dorky household and I needed this book to reflect that.  Once I decided I was going that route, the rest was easy. 

I'm so happy I was able to put it all together on my lunch hour because I really wanted to be able to give it to hubby before Valentine's Day was over!  And I made it!  I came home and locked myself in my craft room while I put the embellies on and that was it!  I went out and gave hubby his gift, saying "I Just Card to Say I Love You."  He smiled and then looked through it and I'm pretty sure he loved it!  


Playing cards by Steampunk; Background paper by Close To My Heart; Gear embellishments by Tim Holtz Design; Washers by Bazzill; Metal Frame by Making Memories; Book rings by Staples.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tisha! I enjoyed doing it and hubby loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely playing card inspired project !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sandy! It was an interesting idea!

    ReplyDelete