scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Clock it to Me...

Hello, Happy Sunday and Welcome to the Farm!  How's your weather?  Ours is snowy, rainy and sunny.  Yes, all at the same time.  WHAT is up with THAT?  I was really hoping we would be finished with the snow and that spring was coming.  I know, I know, it's a little early for spring, but SOME COUNTRIES ARE REALLY WARM RIGHT NOW and we should be too!  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! At least it's light when I leave for work now and when I leave for home too!  I'm always checking the clock in the afternoon to see if it's going to be light when I leave. I know, sad.  But true.

Speaking of clocks, today's blog is about them!  I entered a challenge not too long ago (ok, ok, before Christmas) to make clock faces from digital scrapbook templates. It was fun, but a little disturbing as I kept coming up with idea after idea.  I was a nonstop, addicted to the task, staying awake forever fool when I was working on them.  LOL  Originally, I had about seven clock faces that I had done, but I ultimately ended up with only two.  These were my favorites.  I've included links to see very clear pictures, as these ones did not transfer over well from where I had them stored.  :(

Clear Picture of Hockey Clock 
One clock is going to be for my hubby, Mr. Scrappin, as soon as we get that back room emptied out.  (By the way, if you don't hear from me again, it's because I'm lost in that room and will probably never make it out alive.  Please call 911 if I don't surface soon!)  Right now that room is an unused bedroom, with pretty much EVERYTHING stored (sorry, choked a little there cuz I really meant thrown) in it.  Not for long!  I'm going to change it into a man cave for Mr. Scrappin, who has tons of stuff that I, oops, he can decorate in there with.  Really...did you think I was doing it for HIM?  hahahaha    My hubby is a hockey fan, former hockey coach and player.  Yes, he lives and breathes hockey, hockey and hockey.  Did I mention hockey too?  So, of course, there had to be a hockey clock going in there.  :D   Yeah, I'm nice like that.

Clear Picture of Gingerbread Clock 
The other clock is done using one of my favorite things of all time, gingerbread stuffs!  I am a googly fool for gingerbread stuff.  Love the houses, the people, the decorations, everything.  Of course, this clock will be for me.  hee hee hee  Since Christmas is already past, I  have a little bit of time to get the frame and guts for it.   I do, however, want to do my hubby's clock soon.  Mainly because I like it and I just want to. It's going to go great with the decor I put in HIS room.  Oh goodness, do you have ANY idea how rough it was to get that out?  Really?  HIS room?  Oh, the shame of it! 

I'm also working on one right now that isn't finished yet, but hopefully will be soon. It's for my sewing room.  :)  I've got to figure out how I want the logo to look and there are so many different templates for me to choose from!  Incorporating different design themes is not easy for me, so some of the combinations I have put together are, well, to put it mildly, ICKY.  I'm pretty sure that my sewing room deserves something way better than icky.  It does.  I know this.

All of this was and is being done done, of course, with my favorite digital scrapbooking and publishing website, Heritage Makers.  I've told you before and I'll tell you again...this company has the BEST templates and designs EVAH!  No, I'm not getting paid to say that; I just truly do love this company and the quality.  I love it so much, however, that I am going to become a consultant.  I NEED that discount!! LOL!  This is an addiction, as much so as Pinterest, that I simply cannot overcome.  I have tried and failed.  And since I don't like failing, I decided I should just join them. You know that old saying...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  hahahaha  And the endless templates and publishing options are right up my alley.  I love making gifts and home decor (ok, ok, mostly for myself, which is very selfish).

I will be starting a separate blog just for Heritage Maker my upcoming Heritage Makers business once I figure out a name for it.  Any help from you all out there?  I need and want a really cool name!  If you have any awesome ideas, I'm all for hearing them.  In the meantime, check them out, play around a little, and Clock it to Me!

All templates by Heritage Makers.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Mary Pat! They are so fun to make too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I love the gingerbread. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tisha! They are really cute in real life!

    ReplyDelete