scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Sunday, December 18, 2011

All Lit Up and No Place to Go...

Hello, Happy Sunday and Welcome to the Farm!  I hope this last week has been good to you.  As we come upon the last full week before we hit Christmas, I imagine all of you have been extremely busy with your preparations for a wonderfully exciting holiday.  And, if your week has been anything like mine, there has been candy, cookies, parties, cards and gifts galore.  I love when things are so cheery.

Like most of you, we have been doing a little here and there, trying not to overwhelm ourselves.  I haven't really put out many decorations for Christmas this year; I'm trying to keep it simple.  Not to mention, there is so much going on that I just don't have the time or the room at the moment.  And since we are spending Christmas with my children, we will enjoy their decorations much more than we will ours.  That, my friends, is something I can't wait to do!

This will be the first Christmas I've been able to spend with my children in quite a few years, and I am sooooo excited!  And this will be little Addisyn's first Christmas, so just imagine what kind of fun that will be!  Oh yes, Gramma and Poppa are going to spoil her with lots of loves. We can't wait!

Now, with all the hubbub surrounding the season...the shopping, the baking, the caroling, the visiting, etc., one would think that those activities would be sufficient.  Wouldn't they?  WELL, WOULDN'T THEY?!  At least, most NORMAL people would.  Apparently, my husband is not so normal.    On the way home from work one day last week, I called to ask if there was anything he needed since I was going to be stopping at the grocery store.  He said, "no, just hurry up, there's a surprise waiting."  Woo hoooo, I LOVE surprises!

Uh huh...did I ever get one!  As I was driving down our road (waaaaay before I would ever hit our driveway), I saw some lights and thought, "hmm, our closest neighbor must have put some decorations up."  He was a little late this year, so it was nice to see he did have the Christmas decorating spirit.

As I drove closer, I could see...UH, NOOOOOOO...it was my hubby who had done some decorating.  Yup, he decorated one of his tractors.  Really?  Really. Grrreeeeaaaattttttttt.  Now the entire portion of Eastern Washington could see our house. Well, not really, because the tractor was in front of it.  But, boy, could they see that tractor!  Now, I had heard stories of how he decorated the tractor at Christmas, but in our almost 31/2 years of marriage, I had yet to see it.  Ha!  I was sure seeing it now!

As I drove up the hill right before my driveway, I had to laugh.  My hubby is such a big kid.  A couple of years ago he took toy cars and hot glued ribbon to the tops of them to hang on the tree, and now I've got a mammoth lit up thing in my front yard. Good thing we live on a farm or the neighbors would be complaining loud and clear! I have to admit, it was really cute, and the pictures shown here do not do it justice by any means.  Every night when I come home, I laugh because of the message it sends out.  Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Look At Me!  Poor tractor, all lit up and no place to go.

4 comments:

  1. so glad you will be with your children for the holidays!

    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you Mary Pat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Toodie, I think this is absolutely adorable. What a sweetheart your hubby must be - he knew he would make you smile. Thanks so much for sharing and Happy New Year. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your wonderful comments Chris! I will surely check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete