scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Addisyn's First Parade...

Hello, Happy Sunday and Welcome to the Farm! Well, it happened...we had snow. :( I was so sad, but when I woke up this morning it was alllll gone. Yay! The sun is shining and it is absolutely gorgeous outside...COLD but gorgeous! Which is why I'm inside, doing this. hahahaha

You all know I did a special blog on Veteran's Day, which I thought was appropriate. After I did that, my daughter-in-law, Keri, posted some pictures (which I promptly stole and made a scrapbook page out of) from the Veteran's Day Parade in their home town. She had taken little Addisyn and dressed her up to attend the parade. How awesome is that? There is nothing I love more than seeing our veterans and soldiers honored, and for Keri to take the extra time to dress up Addisyn (seriously, she is seven months old and we all KNOW how long that can take! I'd have been crazy after that!) was just right up there in my book. :) This is Addisyn's first Veteran's Day parade (heck, it's her first parade EVER) and it appears she had a great time!

With the help of Momma Keri, she waved at the Veterans, and she gave them some great big smiles, which I'm sure warmed their hearts. I know it warmed mine just from the pictures, so I can't imagine in person how the soldiers must have felt to see a mother and her children (Daniel, Tiffany and Cierra were there as well) honoring them. And for a mother to take the time out of a busy and hectic life to make sure the children were able to honor those Veterans makes Keri one cool Mom to me. Of course, I may just be a little partial since she's Little Miss Princess Addie Poop's Momma. :D

Of course this parade had the soldiers and the vehicles and the usual parade fare, so it was more than likely a great day for everyone involved. Flags were waved, smiles were given, candy was thrown to the children, and the town got to see their soldiers. What better way to spend a day? And what cuter thing could there be than a seven-month old baby girl smiling and waving to her protectors?  Life is good.

All templates by Heritage Makers

No comments:

Post a Comment