scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stewin' About It



Hello, Happy Sunday and Welcome to the Farm! I hope that everyone had a safe and happy New Year weekend!

Wow, hard to believe another year is upon us; seems like 2010 just got here! How can 2011 be here already? I'm not quite sure how that happened, but I don't want this year to go by quite as fast. Too many resolutions not conquered, goals not met, weight not lost, etc.; whatever it is for you, it's not too late to try again.

This year, one of my priorities is to eat healthier. Not as in diet, but as in healthy. More fruits and veggies, less junk food, more water (gag, yes I did say water); just healthier in a lot of ways.

One of my favorite things to eat when I want my fill of veggies is stew. It kind of gives you everything: meat (if you so choose), veggies, tons of flavor, warmth if it's cold outside (and BOY IS IT COLD OUTSIDE!), and just that good old comfort food feeling. AND it's healthy! See? Eating healthier is sometimes just the ticket and you don't even know it. This stew recipe is my very favorite one; it's flavor is so rich and satisfying that I think you'll love it too.

Now that we've entered into another year, let's do something good for ourselves. Exercise (ok, well, maybe just THINKING about exercise; that's good too, right?), eat right, create more, whatever it is that you want to do...JUST DO IT.

And while it's cold outside, just stew over some ideas to put into action.

Cardstock by CTMH; Pattern paper by unknown source; Rubber Stamps by D.O.T.S.; Stamp ink (Versamark) by Tsukineko; Embossing powder (White) by Personal Stamp Exchange; Ribbon by unknown source.
Recipe courtesy of Suzanne Somers' Fast & Easy Cookbook.

2 comments:

  1. happy new year toodie! good luck getting the water in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you as well Mary Pat!!!! I hope you have a fabulous one! I will definitely need luck for getting the water down. LOL

    ReplyDelete