scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Prince of Stickering Village


Hello, Happy Sunday and Welcome to the Farm! It's been a dreary weekend, with a little snow falling down at my house. Not my favorite thing by any means, but many people around me seem to like it. Personally, I think they're crazy.

A couple of days ago, I had the cutest little visitor ever, wanting to know if he could make invitations for his birthday. Well, shoot, how could I turn down a handsome young man? Of course I had to say yes. Ahhh, some days it pays to be nice. I got the pleasure of helping my little friend Ewan make his very own birthday invitations, with a theme of Sleeping Beauty. Yes, you heard me correctly, I helped HIM, he didn't help ME. Prince Ewan had it all upstairs in his creative little mind how he wanted his invitations to look.

He came armed, ready to work, with vellum, pink and blue ribbons, and dimensional Sleeping Beauty stickers. Prince Ewan wanted to make pink invitations for the princesses, blue for the princes, so we set about starting His Highness' project. First, I printed out the wording on some vellum; forgetting that it smeared, I grabbed it out of the printer and had to promptly start again. Uh oh, His Royalty had to wait just a tad longer to start.

Prince Ewan picked out the paper he wanted to use and we set about cutting, punching, stickering and making sure each and every invitation was up to his royal standards. We couldn't possibly let any invitations out that were less than perfect! His Highness sure can attach stickers with the best of them! I'm pretty sure I could learn a thing or two if I paid really close attention and stopped daydreaming. This project went sooooo fast and, before I knew it, my handsome little guy was on his way home, back to his own castle. With some very awesome birthday invitations. I did manage to get a hug, though. :)

I always knew if I waited long enough, my prince would come.

Cardstock by Bazzill; Vellum by Recollections; Dimensional stickers by Disney; Ribbon by Offray.

2 comments:

  1. oh how awesome and how fun! i love it when the little ones are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! He is my friend's son and he is the most darling little guy ever!

    ReplyDelete