scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Let It Snow



Hello, Happy Sunday and Welcome to the Farm! I hope that everyone has had a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday with friends and/or family to celebrate with.

Our Thanksgiving holiday was wonderful. A few treasured guests, lazing around, playing games and eating...how can it get any better? It was heaven! And then...

THE SNOW CAME (AGAIN)...AND IT'S STILL COMING...

Am I happy about this? Well, nooooooooo. I am not one of those snow bunny creatures like my daughter. While I would rather lay on the couch reading a book in weather like this, my daughter is exactly the opposite. She loves the snow. Really? There is something definitely suspicious about a child of mine loving the snow. How did this happen? Where, oh where, did I mislead her? Sigh... At the first sign of snow, Sarah will jump into her snow gear, scream, and run outside to take in the wonders of it all (while my wonder is just how long it will last). She LOVES the snow, and I DO mean LOVES it!

Now, if she still lived nearby, upon coming in from that fluffy white stuff she calls "fun", I would have her change into some warm jammies, fuzzy socks, grab a blankie, and have some hot chocolate ready and waiting. With marshmallows. Yep, that's what I would do. And that hot chocolate would be in a BIG cup on a cute coaster. But, alas, Sarah does not live nearby anymore, and that cute coaster sits alone just waiting for her to put a cup of hot chocolate on it.

Sorry, Sis, you'll just have to look at the cute coaster for now...maybe soon we'll have a mug of hot chocolate on it...

Coasters from Lowe's; Rubber stamp by The Angel Company; StazOn Solvent Ink in Timber Brown by Tsukineko; Permanent Markers in Red and Blue by Sharpie Markers.

1 comment: