scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Food for Thought




Hello, Happy Sunday and Welcome to the Farm! Whew, it is COLD here! We had a little snow today and the temperatures are very low and expected to go lower. Noooooooo! I'm NOT ready!

With that cold comes the week of Thanksgiving, which usually has quite the chill in the air. I've seen it when it's terribly icy and freezing, leaving me to wonder whether or not any company would be able to make it over! Hopefully, that won't be the case this year! I'd really like to have a nice, cozy, lazy day.

We probably all have Thanksgiving traditions, whether they be foods we prepare, games we play, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, or just napping after eating. That's part of what makes this holiday so much fun. There are no expectations of grandeur, unless you put those expectations on yourself. The preparation of the food is usually started the day before, tables are set in the morning, food is cooking all day, and families are chatting and helping each other get ready for the big day.

I'm pretty sure everyone has a Thanksgiving food favorite; I know I sure do! Mine is the stuffing that I try each year to emulate. My former mother-in-law made THE BEST stuffing in the world and each year I hope to the heavens that mine turns out semi close. A few years ago, my oldest son, Adam, gave me the highest compliment when he said, "this is as close to Grandma's as I've ever tasted." I was beyond the moon with that statement! Although it wasn't exactly like hers, it tasted so close that I was thrilled!

For this Thanksgiving week, I share with you two of my favorite recipes. I actually made these recipe cards up for someone as part of her gift package, but the recipes are so yummy that I decided I'd share them here as well.

Pumpkin Bread Pudding: Cardstock and pattern paper by CTMH; Photo corners by 3M; Recipe stamp by Great Impressions; Acrylic pumpkin by Doodlebug; Pumpkin stamp by CTMH; Quilled pumpkins by unknown source; Kaleidacolor Rainbow Ink Pad (Autumn Leaves) by Tsukineko.

Sweet Potato Balls: Cardstock by Bazzill; Pattern paper by Great Impressions; Chalk by EK Success; Photo corners by 3M; Acrylic embellishments by Karen Foster Design; Chipboard element by unknown source.

2 comments:

  1. how fun! love the layouts--thanks for a fun idea. i may have to do this for thanksgiving--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sent you a blog award. come to my blog and check it out!

    ReplyDelete