scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Sunday, October 24, 2010

I've Been Framed!




Hello, good Sunday morning and Welcome to the Farm! It's raining here and uber wet, so what better excuse to stay inside than that? And, we all know what staying inside entails: the craft room! BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oops, didn't mean to let that evil laugh come out!

Remember when we were younger and got in trouble for something we didn't do? How many of us said these words: "I've been framed!"? I know I did. Probably only because I had seen it on television in the police shows, and in movies. hahaha Of course, when I was younger, I didn't even know what it meant, but I knew that people were getting off the hook by using it, so I figured I'd try it out too. Ahem, not that I actually got into any trouble; I'm just saying I used it cuz I thought it was way cool to say. Yeah, that's it!

These days, I still say it when I'm messing around, but I actually smile to myself every time I make a picture frame because that's the first thing that comes to mind. I don't know why; it's probably some kind of holdover from my youth.

Of course, now that I found crafting, I LOVE to alter things, as well as work on my cards and scrapbook pages, and I have really enjoyed altering picture frames. That way, I can "frame" anybody I want and still get away with it. HA! What could be better than that? Now, I can honestly say I've framed lots of people; my kids, my friends, my husband, and the list goes on. If they only knew...what a sad, sad moment for them when they figure it out. LOL. In my project below, I actually framed myself, along with my husband. WHAT THE HECK was I thinking?!

Picture frames are so much fun to alter, because they can be suited to ANY mood. Fun, mellow, exciting, fast, clowning around, serious, etc. There is never any end to how you can make a frame look. Sometimes I match decor and other times I just use what I like. There is no hard and fast rule, and that is what makes it so fun and easy. There is such a huge variety of frames on the market as well; you don't have to settle for something you don't like. Some have clocks, some have multiple openings, etc., and there is definitely something for everyone's project.

Clock Frame: Clock frame by KaiserCraft (all clock parts were included); Double sided cardstock and phrase boxes by Around the Block (Imagine and Happy Day); Flower on top of medallion made from the front of an old greeting card (thanks Shelly!).

Fall Frame: Frame by Sierra Pacific Crafts; Double sided cardstock by Scenic Route Paper Company (Pink Coral Dots) ; Chipboard letters by Heidi Grace Designs; Flower and large brad by Making Memories; Autumn Saying by Daisy D's Paper Company; Gauze ribbon by unknown source.

If you like the idea of personalizing and altering a picture frame, check out your local craft store, thrift store, your own supply of frames, and change it to something you love. Don't be afraid to "frame" someone; it's all harmless fun on a rainy day!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I've been meaning to try my hand at some frames. Might have to get around to this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Pat - Thank you! I appreciate that. :)

    Becky - Try it, it's addicting. LOL! Once you alter something, you can't stop. You keep looking for something else!

    ReplyDelete