scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Canvassing for Friends




Hello and Welcome to the Farm! Another week has flown by, the chill is definitely in the air, and we are all starting to head indoors where it's a little warmer. Indoors, where the warmth, coziness and homeyness surround us. Where we can relax, read, nap, or create to our heart's content. And where, even if it's a little chilly, we can grab something warm to drink or put over us and be content anyway.

This last weekend, two of my favorite friends celebrated birthdays. I love to make gifts for my friends because I can individualize them to definite and specific themes, personalities or colors. In this case, I made two different canvas projects, one a mini book and one a set for putting favorite pictures in. While both projects use canvas, they are completely different and suited for each friend's own unique self.

Although using canvas may seem a little intimidating, it is actually so simple to do! You can do ANYTHING to it and it will almost always turn out wonderful. For both of these projects, I simply rubbed stamp ink on the canvas in three different color layers, applied a little Mod Podge, added my pictures and sayings, and applied one more layer of Mod Podge to seal the projects. Yes, it really IS that easy!

My "Life and Love" canvasses were for my wonderful friend Mary, whom I work with every day and dearly love. She lifts me up on my bad days and makes my good days even better with her humor and liveliness. My "Little Dudes" canvas mini book was for my awesome friend Ronelle, whom I also work with and who has so graciously allowed my husband and I to become a part of her family's life as Aunt Toodie and Uncle Marty. Both of these ladies have the grace, love and laughter that is so hard to find so much of the time, and I love and treasure them as an asset to my life.

Life and Love: Canvas (8x8) from Art Advantage; Adirondack Dye Inks by Ranger in Caramel, Terra Cotta and Lettuce; Mod Podge Matte-Mat from Plaid Enterprises; Quotations (The Woodstone Collection-Simple Inspirations) from Cloud 9 Design; Photo Corners from 3M; Alphabet letters from Doodlebug Design, Basic Grey, and two other unknown sources.


Little Dudes: Canvas (4x4) from Art Advantage; Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko in Danube Blue, Bahama Blue and Ladybug; Mod Podge Matte-Mat from Plaid Enterprises; Alphabet stickers from unknown source; Toy and hat stickers (Boys Only) from Renae' Lindgren for Creative Imaginations, Inc; Cardstock from CTMH.


These two projects were so much fun to do because I knew they would be appreciated by each of the recipients. If you're looking for a new project or something fairly quick that will always turn out great, grab some ink, Mod Podge and pictures, and start canvassing for YOUR friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment