scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Letter Rip...


Happy Saturday and Welcome to the Farm! What a lazy day this is, with cloudy, gray skies and a little bit of a breeze. Just makes me want to stay in bed and read a book, along with having a hot cup of chai tea. Yep, maybe I'll do just that. You have my permission to do the same. Feel free to nap if you'd like; I won't tell!

This blog has to do with letters. Yup, I said letters. Alphabet ones and the ones you send, both. It's amazing how many things we do with letters; we read, write, imagine, embellish, doodle and scribble with them. Sometimes we even make up words that aren't yet words (well, I do anyway!) and they become vocabulary staples. You know those fun words such as, prettiful, beautimous and, my personal favorite, boodiehead (which I got from my big brother years ago - 1985 to be exact - I still use it to this day). Ah well, we can't all have the name Webster now, can we?


My first project is the letter "R" that I am doing for a Halloween Banner Swap on Two Peas in a Bucket. We all have a letter for the phrase "Trick or Treat" and mine was "R" (16 of them to be exact). I did have fun with this one, and I even had my mother-in-law, Twyla, up here helping me. There we were, just the two of us (and my hubby and Toby who kept popping in to make sure we weren't doing anything illegal or that might require the necessity of calling our homeowners insurance agent) having a great time configuring. What a great way to spend a dreary afternoon.


My second project is for an Address Card Swap also on Two Peas in a Bucket. You really should check them out, they have some great swaps and awesomely talented guys and gals on that site! Cardstock used is left over from previous projects and by varied manufacturers, such as CTMH, Stampin Up, Bazzill; Ribbon by American Crafts and K & Company; can't begin to tell you where those little flowers came from, except to say my friend Linda gave them to me. LOL!

Please, enjoy, and when you're finished, grab a cup of coffee, tea, or whatever beverage you delight in; grab a blankie and your favorite jammies; find a book, or magazine, or anything with letters, and enjoy the rest of your day.


Cardstock by The Paper Company; Glitter Spiderweb Paper by Heidi Grace Designs; Witches Brew Spooky Moonlight Paper (used for Letter "R") by Cloud 9 Design; Spider buttons by Blumenthal Lansing; Memento Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko.

No comments:

Post a Comment