scrap/skrap/
noun: a small piece or amount of something, esp. one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
synonyms: noun: fragment - piece - bit - shred

Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's A Banner Day!



Hello and Welcome!  I just had the opportunity to participate in a "mini banner" swap hosted by a fellow scrapbooker on Two Peas in a Bucket.  What a fun idea for something different!  Who among us doesn't love to look through their stash for cool papers and embellies to make them with?  Since I tend to like things that are on the "cutesy" side, mine are kind of, well, cutesy.  Betcha never would have guess that now, would ya?  LOL!

Just in case you think I did this all by my lonely, never fear...I had my good pal Cricut to help me. While I came up with the ideas and did the final assembling, my little Cricut did the most time consuming part, the cutting. All I had to do was tell her what to cut, and away she went. What a great pal to have when you need some help. :)

Cartridges used were Everyday Paper Dolls for the farmer, and Doodlecharms for the ice cream cone and the school bus. I have included pics of the individual pieces (except for the school bus) as well as pics of the banners themselves so that you could see how they are put together. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed making them!


10 comments:

  1. Too cute! That would be a great idea for my classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I am a scrapper too! Love it! Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha! This was my first Cricut project and I remember having so much fun with it! Thank you so much for coming by and following!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's still one of my favorites, even after all this time. :)

      Delete
  4. So, so cute! I especially love the little farmers. Thanks for linking up at Throwback Thursday and sharing your banners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Alli. The farmers are my favorite too. They're just so friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well these are the cutest thing, ever!!

    Thanks for linking up at Throwback Thursday!!

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for saying so, Denyse! They were my first ever cricut project and it seems like so long ago. But they were really fun. :)

    ReplyDelete